Swot on Japan

Topics: Demography, Population, Sub-replacement fertility Pages: 9 (2608 words) Published: March 27, 2013
Japan SWOT Analysis


Economy- Economy has a long term positive impact on Japan, which will add to its value. The qualitative factor of economy will lead to a decrease in costs for Japan

Japanese Biotechology-

Hard working People-

Sophisticated consumers with high purchasing power- They help Japan set trends and utilize latest technology. These customers tend to appreciate fashionable, name brand items that allow luxury goods makers to use their profits and knowledge of the Japanese consumer market to expand globally. Technology companies sell high tech and high priced goods to Japanese customers, which allows the entire country to utilize the latest technology. technology has a major correlation with productivity, so the more technology a country utilizes, the higher their productivity.

Allied with the USA- Japan and the United States of America has a long relationship of cooperation that dates back to the Second World Ware. This cooperation protects Japan from military threats in the region. Japan is able to invest money meant for the military into other productive means that help support the economy.

Universal Health Care System- The health care system in Japan provides healthcare services, including screening examinations, prenatal care and infectious disease control. The patients are responsible for 30% of these costs while the government pays the remaining 70%. Payment for personal medical services is offered through a universal healthcare insurance system that provides relative equality of access, with a fee set by a government committee. People without insurance through employers can participate in a national health insurance program administered by local governments. patients are free to select physicians or facilities of their choice and cannot be denied coverage. Hospitals, by law, must be run as non-profit and be managed by physicians. For-profit corporations are not allowed to won or operate hospitals. Clinics must be owned and operated by physicians.

World Class Education System- Japan's education system played a major role in enabling the country to meet the challenges presented by the need to quickly understand Western ideas, science, and technology. Japan has one of the highest standards of education and one of the highest literacy rates in the world. About 93% of children enter high school and nearly all of them graduate.

Japan's Automobile Industry- It is said that Japan's automobile industry is ultimately their greatest strength. it plays a major role in the overall economy of Japan, and whether the current trend is up or down it has a direct correlation to the economy as a whole. Auto-related businesses provide one out of every ten jobs in Japan. A major part of Japan's work force is dependent on the automobile industry.


Declining Birth Rate- "The effects of a declining population can be adverse for an economy which has borrowed extensively for repayment by younger generations; however, a smaller human population has a smaller impact on the environment and on biodiversity. Economically declining populations are thought to lead to deflation, which has a number of effects.

A declining population due to demographics will also be accompanied by population ageing which can contribute problems for a society. The decade long economic malaise of Japan and Germany is often linked to these demographic problems. The worst case scenario is a situation where the population falls too low a level to support a current social welfare economic system, which is more likely to occur with a rapid decline than with a more gradual one. The economies of Japan and went into recovery around the time their population just began to decline. In other words, both the total and per capita GDP in both countries grew more rapidly after 2005 than before.

A declining population can also create a labor shortage, which can have a number of positive as well as negative effects....
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Essay about Japan
  • JAPAN Essay
  • Japan Essay
  • Japan Essay
  • Essay on Japan
  • Japan Essay
  • Japan Essay
  • japan Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free