Statement of problem
What are the causes and effects of alcohol uses among students/ juvenile in the community of Water house?
1. What are the reason/ causes for students/ juveniles drinking alcohol in my community?
2. What are the effects of students/ juveniles drinking alcohol in my community?
3. What can be done to stop students/ Juveniles from drinking alcohol?
Reason for choosing this topic
The reason for choosing this topic is because teenagers are misusing the use of alcohol. Not only in water house community has these issue occurred, but all over the country. Teenagers using alcohol not bearing mind the risk that follows. Alcohol abuse may lessen in mind towards serious measures have to be taken in consideration. People nowadays are asking these questions, why teenagers are drinking alcohol and what they don’t know is its lay right in front of them. There are a lot of teenagers in my community turn to alcohol for various reasons like: stress, sexual abuse, low self-esteem those are some of the reason. That’s the reason for choosing this topic because are drinking alcohol an there is consequences beyond it.
Method of investigation
The method used to collect data was a questionnaire.
The reason for using this method is because it’s confidential and reliable to the number of advantages:
1. It requires time to be complete
2. It reaches a large number of persons
3. It guarantee confidential since respondents are not required to attach their names.
The following questionnaire was designed to gather information on the causes and effects of alcohol on teenagers in water house community. This SBA Assignments is done to complete the requirement for CXC. Please answer all questions with a tick or where appropriate with a written response.
2. Age group
15-20 21-26 27-29 30-Over
3. Area of residential
Rural Urban Sub-urban Inner-city
4. What do you think are the causes of students/ juvenile drinking alcohol Frustration Peer Pressure Family members Social events
5. Which of the following age group you think drink most alcohol 15-20 21-26 27-29 30-Over
6. Do you think that behavior of students/ juvenile contribute to the drinking alcohol. If yes, state why?
If No, state why?
7. In what way does alcohol affect the individuals?
Loss of coordination
Damage liver or kidney
Help to control temper/anger problem
Relief emotional and mental stress
Procedure used to collect data
The research was conducted in the community of water house, in St Andrew. In conducting a research it’s likely impossible to reach all the people in the country, therefore the research takes a representation sample of the population area so as to involve people of all religion, ages, sex and accusation.
This was done by selecting respondent by starting with the first house; skip 3 houses until the number was achieved. In case the members of all the following were not at home, we left a copy of the questionnaire at their door step with a note. This was collected at a later date.
These questionnaires were analyzed from which the finding and conclusion were gathered. The respondents were mostly males at 65% and the females 35% their age were from 15 to over 30. The questionnaire consists of 12 questions, 10 closed and 2 opened.
Presentation of data
Cause of alcohol abuse
School based assessment
Name: Ayesha Lord
Teacher: Mr Moray
Please join StudyMode to read the full document